If you’re an “average” dog walker, then you cover some serious distance:
- Average dog is walked three times a day, for a total of 107 minutes.
- On average, dogs are taken out five days a week – giving a total of 535 minutes.
- 535 minutes walked a week x 52 weeks = 27,820 minutes walked a year.
- Average dog’s life expectancy is 12.8 years.
- 27,820 minutes walked x 12.8 years = 356,096 minutes walked over dog’s lifetime
- That’s 5,934.9 hours walked per lifetime.
- A moderate to brisk walk means the average adult can cover approximately 4 miles per hour.
- 4 x 5,934.9 = 23,739.6 miles walked over the dog’s lifetime of 12.8 years.
With the circumference of the Earth (at the equator) being 24,901 miles, you are 95% of the way to walking your dog around the planet!